Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Smoldering Wick

I've said that my method for survival as a working student is caffeine, chocolate, and adrenaline. Well, after being sick for a month now caffeine keeps me awake at night, chocolate is making me sick, and I ran out of adrenaline several weeks ago. It's called BURNOUT - and I'm so physically and mentally exhausted I've been going through the motions of life automatically. Yesterday someone shut a door in my face and I thanked him for it. I wasn't being sarcastic - it was just automatic and my brain didn't connect that no, he didn't hold it open for me... he let it slam. He responded with a "you're welcome" - not sure what that was about but maybe he was burned out too! :)

"A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice." -Isaiah 42:3

I am comforted in the knowledge that He does know and care. I know He will help me through the rest of this semester. I've been praying for brokenness - yet He knows when I am already too bruised and He is so gentle with the bruised reed. I may be burning out but He is guarding my wick and with His help it shall be fanned into a steady flame.

My wick is sustained by my Lord!

No comments: