Wednesday, March 28, 2007


"Lo! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land."
-Song of Solomon 2:11-12

I just love spring! It's my favorite season. I like summer too but it just doesn't have the thrills that spring has. It's when the sun comes out after depriving us all winter long, it's when the snow melts - slowly, a little more each day. The crocuses come out, the daffodils begin to poke their heads out of the snow, and it's warm out!

It just energizes me and makes me realize that I can stick it out through the rest of the semester. I'm so glad that He gave us seasons. The winter sometimes seems so long you can't see the end of it... but He always sends spring. And it's His timing, not necessarily when I would want it. I might plead for spring in the middle of a cold dark January - but He sends us spring in His own timing... which is always perfect.

We are familiar with what Solomon says about a time for everything
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
-Ecclesiasties 3:1
It's easy to remember this, it's harder to always keep in mind that all of our times and seasons are in His control.

"But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hands."
-Psalm 31:14-15

All of my times and seasons are in His hand - and that's the safest place for them. :)

No comments: