Saturday, June 23, 2007

Peace... Be Still

This semester has been the most difficult so far, and the most unhealthy. Constant fatigue, endless homework and no energy left to do it, as well as catch up from being sick ever other week or so.

Every day I said, "Next week will be better, my life can get back to normal. I will be better next week." Well, "next week" hasn't come yet.

Today was a difficult day. After (another) trip to urgent care, and (another) week of plans changed because of sickness I was so frustrated! "Lord!" I cried, "this is disrupting my whole life!" Then He quietly impressed on my heart... "Your life?"

That was all, just the quiet reminder... "your life?" Indeed, "my life?" I gave my life back to Him... so it's His life.

"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."
-Colossions 3:2-4

If my life is hidden in Christ, should I question what He is doing with it? He is saying to my storm tossed mind "peace - be still!" If the One with whom my life is hidden knows what He is doing, all I have to do is to be still. Peace in the storm, for He is with me. Confident in the reassurance that the One in control does know - whether He chooses to tell me or not. Secure in the knowledge that my plans now won't matter in the whole scheme of things... Cherishing the reminder that it's not my life.

It's His.

1 comment:

Lisa of Longbourn said...

Jen,
I just want to say that today I was searching every site on my Favorites list for something that would give me peace, and thank you so much for posting Scripture. From your June 19 entry forward, it was all what I needed.
To God be all glory,
Lisa of Longbourn